ITEC is one of the largest social service organizations in Israel, with 23 locations throughout the country, several of which are serving communities in the South that are deeply impacted by the recent attacks. Through the infrastructure we have built over the last 45 years, we have been able to take immediate action to help our children and their families who are going through unimaginable times.
- Providing Mental Health Support — ITEC staff are reaching out to hundreds of children and their families daily, via phone, text message, and personal visits to their homes to offer them access to mental health services with our trained professionals.
- Putting Smiles on Children’s Faces — For children in the South who have been spending days in shelters and not leaving their homes, ITEC is delivering board games and toys directly to them, which allows the children to disconnect from the turmoil surrounding them and experience joy.
- Delivering Hot Meals – Delivering hot meals to ITEC families who are living close to the border and who have been deeply impacted by the recent attacks.
- Relocation of Children from the Borders — Providing the opportunity to children from the Southern and Northern borders to relocate to safer areas with host families in Central Israel.
- Bringing the Centers to the Children — Our coaches are sending instructional tennis videos to ITEC children they can do at home, providing them with a kind of routine until centers can safely re-open.
- ITEC Emergency Relief Vehicle — A staff team, including psychologists, is visiting ITEC children from Southern border communities to provide basic items and emotional support, using the first of what they hope will be several Emergency Relief Vehicles.
- Converting Centers into Community Hubs — Where it is possible to open in compliance with the Home Command’s Order, ITEC is allowing the community to use our centers to help address community needs. In Sajiur, a blood drive was held for the village with 100 community members showing up. In Beer Sheva, an entire room has been converted into what is being called, “an oasis of joy” where board games and toys are being collected to be distributed throughout the South and North of Israel.
If you want to support our work, you can do so by contributing to our Emergency Campaign.
Get daily updates by following us on Instagram.